Sky Movies on Virgin Media
Sky Movies is the leading movie package in the UK, with hundreds of titles available split into 11 sub channels such as Classic and Indie, Premiere and Showcase. Originally only available from Sky Digital, you can now get Sky Movies on Virgin Media as an add-on to one of the Virgin TV packages.
There are several aoptions for film fans on Virgin, from Sky Movies to their own Movies on Demand service provided by Filmflex, movie channels included in the different TV sizes and 2 other premium movie channels that can be added on to any of the Virgin packages – more details below.
Adding Sky Movies to Virgin
Customers on Virgin Media can get Sky Movies 1, Sky Movies 2 or the Sky Movies Collection.
Sky Movies 1 on Virgin
You can add Sky Movies 1 to any Virgin TV package for £14.50 a month, except for the TV M package (the most basic one given free with a phone line) which will cost £26 a month.
Sky Movies 1 on Virgin includes Sky Movies Comedy, Sky Movies Family, Sky Movies Classics, Sky Movies Modern Greats, Sky Movies Drama and Romance.
Sky Movies 2 on Virgin
You can add Sky Movies 2 to any Virgin TV package for £14.50 a month, except for the TV M package (the most basic one given free with a phone line) which will cost £26 a month.
Sky Movies 2 on Virgin includes Sky Movies Comedy, Sky Movies Action and Adventure, Sky Movies Sci-fi and Horror, Sky Movies Crime and Thriller, Sky Movies Indie.
Sky Movies Collection on Virgin
The Sky Movies Collection includes all of the above plus Sky Movies Premiere, Sky Movies Premiere +1, Sky Movies Showcase and Disney Cinemagic. This costs £21.50 a month with M+, L or XL and £28 a month with the basic TV M package.
Virgin Bundles with Sky Movies
Virgin TV Starter Package
The basic Virgin Media triple bundle consists of TV M+, Broadband L and Phone M – here are the details.
- TV M+ – 65 channels including all the free-to-air channels plus subscription channels like Discovery, Sky 1 and the Universal Channel
- Broadband L – Speeds up to 10Mb with unlimited downloads subject to fair usage policy. Customers experience average speeds of around 9.6Mb.
- Phone M – Unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines
- £20 a month
- With Sky Movies 1 – £34.50 a month
- With Sky Movies 2 – £34.50 a month
- With Sky Movies Collection – £41.50 a month
Virgin XL Bundle
You can put together your own package on Virgin so there are many possible combinations but the largest of the regular triple bundles consists of TV XL, Broadband XL and Phone XL, details below.
- TV XL – 160 channels including ESPN, SyFy, National Geographic and more, plus the full range of HD channels if you choose to activate HD and V+ included in the monthly cost (V+ also needs to be activated).
- Broadband XL – the middle broadband package which gives you download speeds of up to 30Mb and unlimited use. Comes with Virgin Media Super Hub wireless router, 10GB of online storage and 50 free photo prints per month.
- Phone XL – Unlimited calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile numbers at any time.
- £47.56 a month
- With Sky Movies 1 – £62.06 a month
- With Sky Movies 2 – £62.06 a month
- With Sky Movies Collection – £69.06 a month
Movies on Demand on Virgin
Virgin has a service provided by FilmFlex called Movies on Demand which can be accessed by all Virgin Media customers. All you have to do is go to the On Demand area using your remote control, select a movie and Buy Now. You can browse all movies or search by genre -Action & Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family, Horror & Sci-Fi, Romance, Thriller & Crime, Independent Cinema.
More Movie Channels on Virgin Media
There are two more movie channels available as an add-on for Virgin Media customers – Picture Box and Cinemoi. Picture Box is a subscription movie channel available on Virgin, BT Vision and Top Up TV which works by having 7 movies made available each week on a 4 week cycle. This means at any one time you have 28 to choose from and every week 7 films are removed and are replaced by 7 new ones. Picture Box costs an extra £5 a month on top of your regular Virgin Media monthly fee. Cinemoi is a specialist French movie channel which celebrates the old and the new – influential movies from the sixties ‘New Wave’ of directors sits alongside new releases and documentaries too. The content of the channel is put together with the help of Julien Plante, a French cinema expert who has curated many festivals.
There are more movie channels in the various Virgin TV sizes too. Film 4 and Movies 24 are both available in M+ and above and TCM and True Movies 1 are both included in TV L and above.
Virgin TV Packages
- Virgin Sky Sports Bundle
- Virgin TV M+
- Virgin TV L
- Virgin TV XL
- Virgin TV M + Phone M
- Virgin TV M+ and Phone M
- Virgin TV L + Phone M
- Virgin TV XL + Phone M
- Virgin Broadband L
- Virgin Broadband XL
- Virgin Broadband XXL
- Cable Broadband
- Virgin Media TiVo Starter Bundle
- Virgin Media TiVo XL
- Virgin Media TiVo XL Phone L
- Virgin VIP
- 10Mb Broadband 9 Month Deal
- 30Mb Broadband 9 Month Deal
- 10Mb + Weekend Calls 9 Month
- 30Mb + Weekend Calls 9 Month
- XL Triple Bundle 9 Month
- M+ Triple Bundle 9 Month
Best Value Bundle
£20 a month
Size ‘M+’ TV, that’s 65 channels, On Demand & Catch-Up, 10Mb Broadband + unlimited weekend phone calls! Free installation. Now available with 6 months half price! Plus £13.90 per month Virgin phone line rental.
Great Value TiVo
£23 a month
£13 a month for 6 months! The amazing 500GB TiVo Box – 10MB Broadband built in – search and record live, on demand and catch-up TV. TV M+, Broadband L & Phone M. One-off TiVo Box fee. Plus £13.90 line rental.
Super Speedy Broadband
£31.50 a month
Superfast 50Mb Broadband, Size ‘M+’ TV (65 channels, On Demand, Catch-Up) & Phone with free weekend calls with a Virgin phone line £15.75 for the first 6 months. Plus £13.90 per month Virgin phone line rental.
Top TiVo Bundle
£41 a month
TV size ‘XL’ – 160 channels – TiVo Box for £49.95 one-off fee. Record & pause HD and 3D TV, 10Mb Broadband and Phone with Talk Weekends. £22 a Month First 6 Months! £13.90 per month Virgin phone line required.