Virgin TV Box
Virgin Media now offer four different set-top boxes, from the basic V Box to the V HD Box which offers HD channels without having to pay an extra monthly subscription and is 3D-ready, to the V+HD Box which has a built-in PVR or Personal Video Recorder and is unique in that it has three tuners, unlike the Sky+HD Box and the BT Vision Box which have only two. In early 2011 Virgin launched the TiVo Premiere service which merges your TV service with related content available on the web and works with a 3D ready box with its own dedicated 10Mb internet connection and 1Tb of hard drive. See our Virgin TiVo Box page for more info.
Find out more on the Virgin website here.
Virgin TiVo Box
What does the TiVo Box do?
- Integrate your Virgin channels with content on the web
- Remember what you like and make suggestions
- Store up to 500 hours of TV on the 1TB hard drive
- Let you go back 7 days and record TV you’ve missed
- 1TB box only available with TV XL – £149.95 activation for existing customers plus £3 per month extra
- 500GB version available on M+, L or XL packages – £49.95 activation for existing customers plus £8 per month extra
Virgin V+ HD Box
What can you do with the V+HD Box?
- Pause and rewind live TV
- Record up to 80 hours of TV or 30 hours of HD TV
- Record two channels while watching another
- Use the on-screen programme guide to select what you want to record
- The V+HD Box costs £49 plus £5 per month – free with the TV Size XL
Virgin V HD Box
What are the benefits of the V HD Box?
- Receive HD channels with no monthly fee
- Access On Demand TV in HD with BBC iPlayer and 4oD
- Watch HD movies On Demand – Pay per View
- It’s a 3D-ready box so is future-proof
- The V HD Box costs £49 plus installation – £15 self-install available from 1st April 2010
Virgin V Box
Tell me about the V Box?
- The V Box is the basic Virgin TV receiver – watch TV, access On Demand and interactive services
- Access On Demand TV – BBC iPlayer, 4oD and more
- There are different models in circulation – Samsung SMT 2110-C shown here
- There is no charge for the basic V Box when you take a Virgin TV package
Virgin TV Packages
- Virgin Sky Sports Bundle
- Virgin TV M+
- Virgin TV L
- Virgin TV XL
- Virgin TV M + Phone M
- Virgin TV M+ and Phone M
- Virgin TV L + Phone M
- Virgin TV XL + Phone M
- Virgin Broadband L
- Virgin Broadband XL
- Virgin Broadband XXL
- Cable Broadband
- Virgin Media TiVo Starter Bundle
- Virgin Media TiVo XL
- Virgin Media TiVo XL Phone L
- Virgin VIP
- 10Mb Broadband 9 Month Deal
- 30Mb Broadband 9 Month Deal
- 10Mb + Weekend Calls 9 Month
- 30Mb + Weekend Calls 9 Month
- XL Triple Bundle 9 Month
- M+ Triple Bundle 9 Month
Best Value Bundle
£20 a month
Size ‘M+’ TV, that’s 65 channels, On Demand & Catch-Up, 10Mb Broadband + unlimited weekend phone calls! Free installation. Now available with 6 months half price! Plus £13.90 per month Virgin phone line rental.
Great Value TiVo
£23 a month
£13 a month for 6 months! The amazing 500GB TiVo Box – 10MB Broadband built in – search and record live, on demand and catch-up TV. TV M+, Broadband L & Phone M. One-off TiVo Box fee. Plus £13.90 line rental.
Super Speedy Broadband
£31.50 a month
Superfast 50Mb Broadband, Size ‘M+’ TV (65 channels, On Demand, Catch-Up) & Phone with free weekend calls with a Virgin phone line £15.75 for the first 6 months. Plus £13.90 per month Virgin phone line rental.
Top TiVo Bundle
£41 a month
TV size ‘XL’ – 160 channels – TiVo Box for £49.95 one-off fee. Record & pause HD and 3D TV, 10Mb Broadband and Phone with Talk Weekends. £22 a Month First 6 Months! £13.90 per month Virgin phone line required.